tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Requesting for information related to libpcap library

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 01:20:03 -0700

On Mar 22, 2015, at 11:45 PM, "H R, Shashikumar" <shashikumar.h-r () hp com> wrote:

I am Shashikumar H R currently pursuing M.Tech in Siddaganga Institute of technology, Tumkur.
Currently I' m doing  a project in which the packets are captured in pcap-ng format. I am using libpcap
library(version-1.6.2) to capture packets and write into pcap-ng format. I want to know the API to create pcap-ng
file and to dump metadata information into it.

There currently isn't one, unless you're running on OS X Mavericks or Yosemite and using the version of libpcap that
comes with the OS.