tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: [libpcap] New DLT value Request - Wattstopper DLM (#401)

From: Steve Karg <skarg () users sourceforge net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 10:53:49 -0600

Hello Guy,

It would certainly make sense to try and make it generic so that the
LINKTYPE could be used by multiple families.  If the other families
don't have a dongle code and packet delay, they could fill them in
with some consistent values (i.e. match the DLM values, have zero
packet delay) if they want to store their data in this format.

Best Regards,

Steve