tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: -C option not working? FreeBSD 10.1

From: Wesley Shields <wxs () FreeBSD org>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 11:00:28 -0500

Looks like the call to pcap_dump_ftell() is always returning -1 and setting errno to 93 (ENOTCAPABLE). This makes sense
since I can only trigger it on FreeBSD, and if I disable capsicum support in config.h and rebuild then -C works as
expected.

I'll take a look at this and send a PR, but you may be better off building it yourself and disabling capsicum for now.

-- WXS