tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Adding loopback adapter detection for Windows

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem () yahoo no>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 16:56:33 +0100

Yang Luo wrote:

1) Modified the CMakeLists.txt Line 3 from
set( PROJECT_NAME pcap )
set( PROJECT_NAME wpcap )
I thought the output binary should be wpcap.dll instead of pcap.dll, so I
just changed it, I don't know if this is the correct move..

No, it seems be require "set( PROJECT_NAME PCAP )"  (upper-case). Why?
Look in pcap/export-defs.h:

#if defined(_WIN32)
  #ifdef BUILDING_PCAP
    /*
     * We're compiling libpcap, so we should export functions in our
     * API.
     */
    #define PCAP_API_DEF    __declspec(dllexport)
  #else
    #define PCAP_API_DEF    __declspec(dllimport)
  #endif

-----

Otherwise the generated *.make files says '-DBUILDING_pcap'.
Thus your wpcap.dll exports nothing. But this produces PCAP.dll.
But I'm not familiar with Cmake.

3) Open the generated J:\npcap\wpcap\PRJ\wpcap.sln with MSVC 2005. Then
build the solution with configuration "Release" "Win32". (I don't know how
to generate both "Win32" and "x64" using CMake, it's inconvenient to only
have one platform in one sln).

Not sure, but my cmake supports:
  cmake -G "Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64" ..

(Win32 is implicit).

--
--gv