tcpdump mailing list archives

DLT_request

From: Weber René <rweber () baumer com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 07:42:31 +0000

Hi,

We working at software for industrial cameras which are supported by the cameralink standard. We use Wireshark to
monitor the control interface. We have implemented a solution similar like the u3v dissector and uses link type
DLT_USER0.  The cameralink interface is basically a serial interface like rs232 uart. But often exist this only inside
the application and not as separate comport. The using of DLT_USER0 is not so comfortable, because the protocol at
every user is at first to set to cameralink ... Therefore, I'm requesting a DLT_ value for this.  Please let me know
what the proper procedure is for this or if you have any other questions/concerns.

I think DLT_CAMERALINK would be nice.

References and Specifications:
http://www.emva.org/wp-content/uploads/GenICam_GenCP_1.2.pdf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GenICam

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Rene Weber
R&D Software

Baumer Optronic GmbH
Badstraße 30 ·B01454 Radeberg ·0Germany
Phone +49 3528 4386 0 ·PDirect +49 3528 4386 510
Fax +49 3528 4386 86
rweber () baumer com · www.baumer.com

Geschäftsführer: Dr. Albert Schmidt· Dr. Oliver Vietze
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Radeberg
Amtsgericht Dresden: HRB 15379
Ust. ID: DE 189714583