tcpdump mailing list archives

tcpslice licence

From: Denis Ovsienko via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 20:33:06 +0100

--- Begin Message --- From: Denis Ovsienko <denis () ovsienko info>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 20:33:06 +0100
Hello list.

Whilst updating the description of files in tcpslice (the little
relative of tcpdump) repository, it came to my attention that it does
not have the customary LICENSE file. I have looked through the .c
and .h files and they contain the following boilerplates:

* a 4-clause BSD-style licence seemingly derived from the so-called
  LBNL 3-clause BSD: https://opensource.org/BSD-3-Clause-LBNL
* a 3-clause BSD licence with the same text as above and two clauses
  merged together
* GPL2+

Would it be difficult to tell which licence is the right one for the
program, and to say it in a LICENSE file for clarity?

--
    Denis Ovsienko

--- End Message ---