Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Apple Mac DoS

From: "Daniel J. Luke" <dluke () GEEKLAIR NET>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 00:38:25 -0500

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 10:04:46AM -0800, Ian Stoba wrote:
I would assume that the svrloc service running on port 427 is some sort of
server discovery protocol. I don't know this for sure since the version of
Inside AppleTalk I have at hand predates the IP services.

I believe that that port is used by Apple's implementation of SLP (to allow the Network Browser to autodiscover shared
drives, printers, etc.)

This is intended to replace NBP which is what the "Chooser" uses for 'traditional' service location.

There is a lot of good (recent) documentation available at apple's developer site.

--
Daniel J. Luke