Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Napster a little insecure?

From: jpr5 () BOS BINDVIEW COM (Jordan Ritter)
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 13:38:10 -0500

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Patrick Robert Aland wrote:

# With a court order could a comapny not confiscate your web logs to get the
# IP address of every machine that has downloaded your freshly ripped
# Christina Aguilera album sitting on your web server? This is old news and
# we all just need to get over it.

Agreed.  Thank you.

# Napster logs an IP address, big deal, every other server in the world
# does it too. Why should it be different? You have no need to worry as
# long as your not doing something illegal.

Who says we log IPs?  I know I certainly didn't say that, and I'm positive
noone else in a position to know did.

--jordan