Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: File Share Vacuum

From: imrang () BTINTERNET COM (Imran Ghory)
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 21:00:19 -0000

On 27 Jan 00, at 19:45, Jonas Denily wrote:

I have set up a great many such as FTP sitelists,
ICQ dat files, various ISP ins files, *.pwl, etc.  I was wondering how I
would go about searching the registry remotely or I would be greatly
appreciative if someone could send me a list of file names, default
directory, and program/version they belong too.

c:\windows\wordwiz.ini (Word's "Wizard" file, might
include users name/address/phone number)

c:\pmail\pmail.usr (List of Pegasus mail users on system)
c:\pmail\mail\%USER%\pmail.ini (User name/password
encrypted)
c:\pmail\mail\%USER%\pmailini.old (The same, but
weaker encryption).

c:\program files\Pgp\PGP***\*.asc (May hold left behind
private keys)

c:\My Documents\ might be worth grabbing.

And the obvious file names such as "passwords.txt",
"logins.txt", etc..

--
Imran Ghory