Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: fooling hubs [ARP Spoofing]

From: pmal () SPACE GR (Panagiotis Malakoudis)
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 09:10:06 +0200

What is the type of your connection to your ISP?
If it is a leased line and they reserved a specific port on their router
then changing the mac address wont do anything since they measure the
traffic passed though that interface, regarding mac or ip address of the
machine making the request.
I don't see how just by changing your mac address one could fool the service
provider.
Please provide more info.

Panagiotis S. Malakoudis
Systems Administrator