Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: ICQ Pass Cracker.

From: ifightspam () BIGFOOT COM (Aussie)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 20:40:58 +1100

Please elaborate.  Is there a local ICQ password on the HD that can be
poked at?  Do you know what the allowed character set is?  Or are you
talking about bruting the ICQ servers?  If it's the latter, 8 characters
can take a long, long time across a network, and that's assuming there is
no lockout feature.

Well, I'm actually interested in such a program that can determine the
correct password for a user because I've got a close friend that has lost
her user to somebody. She went to log on one day and it came back
claiming her password was wrong. Unfortunately, she put her email @
hotmail.com.au instead of hotmail.com so she can't retrieve the password.
I suspect that someone used the 9 char crack on her account and changed
the password on her. She hasn't changed the password for months now.

Aussie

Have you visited my homepage recently?
You may be missing out on all the latest FREE
Software, Themes, Screensavers and more!

Visit now at http://come.fast.to/aussie