Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Napster a little insecure?

From: m_a_n_i_a_c_ () HOTMAIL COM (Maniac .)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 06:43:50 GMT

I don't think he was complaining about the ethics of MP3s.  He was stating
an honest concern that Napster logs *YOUR* IP address when you download an
MP3.  With a court order, could the music companies not get this information
from Napster?  Would this not give them enough of an audit trail to crack
down on people?

Its a possibility....

Wtf?
What has mp3 pirating with volnurability todo?;p
Please take your etichal problems about mp3's some where else.
I am sure most of the readers of this mail list has mp3's of music which
is copyrighted, and I wouldn't be surpised if even YOU have it ;p

- technot

-==-Man!ac-==-
"I don't intend to offend, I offend with my intent"