Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: ICQ >= 99* + CC Data

From: jonh () APAK CO UK (Jon Hadley)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:17:17 -0000

As for whether you can get at it... absolutely.  If IE can descramble
it without requiring you to type a password, then so can any program on
your machines.  That might be a useful exercise.

hmmmm where to start looking? I've had a (very) quick look in the associated
web directories and its not as obvious as I would of hoped from M$ ;o)

As well as CC details you could find all sorts of data .... commonly used
search terms .... and *doh* now I come to think of it .... DOB, address, CC
expiry date, mothers maiden name ... etc etc ... all of which  would just go
further to ease the cards fraudulent use.