Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Nokia 7110 Wap Browser Hole

From: bojan.zdrnja () FER HR (Bojan Zdrnja)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 10:29:08 +0200

Security bugs must be fixed. Anyone with experience of upgrading a phone?
how hard is it to replace "bios" and wap-browser with newer versions?

It is not hard but it usually requiers special cable between your PC and
mobile phone. Some mobiles have IR ports but I doubt that you are able to
flash its "bios" using IR port. Anyway, normal customers don't have that
kind of cable at home as it is sold separately and usually pretty expensive
(for a cable, that is). Normal way of upgrading your phone "bios" should be
at official service, but as I have seen some of them even charge for that.

Regards,

Bojan Zdrnja