Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: R: R: New DoS attack

From: 11a () GMX NET (Bluefish)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:16:45 +0200

Yeah, right, but introducing an "handshake" before sending game data would
slow up the process so much? I do not believe so.

Probably not, especially if it is only used in the initial handshake.

but what drives some small, pathetic, human into
bring down *games*??

It seems that you miss the point that using games as flooders is not a DOS
directed against game servers, but against other net users. Games server are
DOSsed as a side-effect, in fact.

Yes, I missed it. Lazy reading, sorry ;)

     http://www.11a.nu || http://bluefish.11a.nu
    eleventh alliance development & security team