Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Capturing System Calls

From: GlennEverhart () FIRSTUSA COM (Everhart, Glenn (FUSA))
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:16:05 -0400

I'd have a look at some back issues of Phrack or on Packetstorm
for info on loadable kernel modules. Examples have been published
of how to use same to take over the upper half of kernel calls
in Linux and in Solaris. This seems the most sensible way to trap
calls, since one need not rebuild kernel to do so. Sorry I don't
have exact ref off the top of my head. BTW there was info for
freeBSD also.