Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Virus Scan Notices in eMail

From: Dan_Schrader () TRENDMICRO COM (Dan Schrader)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:28:49 -0700

Agreed

This is a misuse of a feature some banks asked us to add to the software.
They asked for a way to add a disclaimer to every outbound message so that
they could make certain recipients new that the email was not an official
approved statement from the corporation.  A few sites have started to use
this feature as shown below.  Bad idea - no product can guarranttee 100%
virus detection.

Dan Schrader
Trend Micro (the maker of InterScan VirusWall)
http://www.antivirus.com