Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

[Fwd: Single SignOn]

From: BlueBoar () THIEVCO COM (Blue Boar)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 21:59:50 -0800

"Vanna P. Rella" wrote:

There was only one page that came up when doing an online search for this product. There was a press release in MQ
about announcing "Webmaster Commander" in Oct., of 1999. It also says it only runs on NT so at least that is good for
your architecture. I'd ask about the 95/98 machines, though.. I don't know if I'd trust a product that's only been
around for 4 months. Consider this against MS Service Packs. You usually wait at least 6 months after it's out before
installing it on your machine. I would feel the same would be true with any product in regard to security.
PKI is the wave of the future. The problem is that the standards for PKI haven't been decided on, yet. If you choose
the wrong product, you lose and have to start all over again with whatever will become the "standard". Also, if you
can't prove non-repudiation, there are legal ramifications.

---
Your Best Friend,
Vamprella
---