Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

DOYOUFEELLOVED?

From: rfp () WIRETRIP NET (rain forest puppy)
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 16:55:04 -0500

Variants...derivitives...spawns...it's interesting to watch everyone
scramble to implement this or that filtering now.

You'd think you would have learned from Melissa.  Well, are you going to
learn now?  Rather than attaching assinine and contrieved dollar values to
the 'damanges' after this mess subsides, how about implementing proper
attachement filtering, cleaning up scripting on the clients, and in
general, implementing a user education program?

If a company is claiming $10 million in damages (and some are), then why
not take $1 million and clean up your act?

Or do you just want to wait until next week's variant?  I admit, I feel no
recourse for anything related to this virus.  You can't say people didn't
see it coming.  But it seems to be more profitable for the industry to
take a reactive stance, rather than be proactive.

To future worm writers: if you're scrambling around for what subject line
to include in your new creation, I suggest you use "DO NOT OPEN THIS
EMAIL!".  I guarantee that will not hamper it's spread, and it will prove
a good point to the world about the current state of affairs.

- rain forest puppy