Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Infinite loop in LOTUS NOTE 5.0.3. SMTP SERVER

From: smiler () VXD ORG (SMILER)
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 23:14:27 +0100

Maybe this is a configuration error in the server where I tryed this but anyway here is the message that I sent :

helo xpto.pt
mail from: non-existant-user@ip_adress_of_lotus_server
mail to : non-existant-user
data
testing123
.

So Lotus Notes SMTP Server now will loop forever trying to tell to the sender that the recipient doesn´t exist, as the
sender doesn´t exist and it resides in the same server, the smtp server will loop forever.
As I said b4 maybe this is a configuration error in the Lotus Note server, though I couldn´t confirm it cause I haven´t
got access to the server...maybe someone here could check it out ?
Keep Smiling.

SMILER.