Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Kill the DOG and win 100 000 DM

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins () ITDOMAIN COM AU>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 15:07:45 +1100

John,
try rfc 2616 (HTTP/1.1)

-----Original Message-----
From: John Herron [mailto:john.herron () RRC STATE TX US]
Sent: Wednesday, 8 November 2000 1:37 AM
To: VULN-DEV () SECURITYFOCUS COM
Subject: Re: Kill the DOG and win 100 000 DM

Sort of interesting thing I found last night.  Even though
you can't ping the machine and if I try to load the machines
webpage it will take a few minutes and usually fail (once and
a while it will load) but if you telnet to the machine (23,
25, 80) it will connect no problem (even on 80.. which is
what's strange).

Ironically enough a few days before I heard about this
contest I was also trying to find out what commands internet
browsers use to load webpages.  I didn't find that
information unfortunatly, but am still curious if anyone
knows these commands (if you telnet to a machine:80 you
connect, but all the commands I've tried just result in a
"501 Method Not Implemented" error.  Also odd that no matter
what I put in their machines port 80 it wouldn't ever talk
back to me ::sniffle:: heh.  But does anyone have a list of
those commands to use on port 80?

<snip>