Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: security scanning software for source code?

From: Erik Tayler <erik () 14X NET>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 07:31:39 -0500

I know of one at http://www.freshmeat.net/projects/its4/ . Never tried
it, but I will soon give it a shot. Looks somewhat mediocre, but hey.

Erik Tayler
http://www.14x.net
http://www.digitaloffense.net

"Sanchez, Scott" wrote:

Hello all,
Does anyone have any suggestions on products that will review application
code (visual basic/c++, java applets and servlets, cgi's, etc.) for security
weaknesses?
I would love an engine that I can just drop my java servlets (or weblogic
code, xml, perl, css, etc.) into and it would look for things like input
fields that have missing or inadequate validation, passwords stored in the
app, etc.  (I know, i'm asking for a lot).
Does anybody have thoughts or suggestions? We have decided that it is
impractical for us to write our own scanner at this point.
Thanks.
-Scott