Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Possible exploit in FreeBSD 4.0

From: packetWhore <packetwhore () STARGATE NET>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 08:49:42 -0400

Yes,

The df command works on FreeBSD as well... I think it is just one of those
standard Unix commands that doesn't change as it also works on Solaris,
which is more System V SVR4 oriented...

pW

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Mark wrote:

Well, this could either be something that just happened because something was overwritten, or this could be something
that happens when the filesystem fills up.  One more piece of information that would be good to know is what
partitions are filled.  If we could get a 'df' or similar command (df is linux, i dunno what it is on bsd) that would
help.  This could be a condition that is reproducable by filling up a hard drive and then telnetting in.  Does anyone
have a freebsd box handy to check that out?

Mark
tort () dethbystereo com