Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: All Advantage Spyware

From: Mark Collins <me () THISISNURGLE ORG UK>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 18:07:55 +0100

That URL has a long list of programs that use Aurate. Listed is
www.devgames.com (now known as GameDev.Net - http://www.gamedev.net). As I
am part of that website, I can assure you that no "SpyWare" is used, seeing
as nothing is required to be downloaded, and never has done.

How can the people who compiled that list claim that a website (very simple
when it was DevGames, it was plain ol' HTML. No downloads were on the site)
monitors users?

I have serious doubts about the validity of those claims after seeing that.

Mark Collins
====
Mark Collins
email: me () thisisnurgle org uk