Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: SSL & IDS

From: H D Moore <hdm () SECUREAUSTIN COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 14:20:53 -0500

Roelof Temmingh wrote:

All,

I am working on an article-thingy, and while writing I stumbled across
this: IDS & SSL does not work together well...wow! (this was a joke).
Even if you put an IDS on the same platform as the webserver it would not
work. How should this be addressed? Is it addressed in some way by the ppl on
the IDS mailling list? I did a -=very=- quick search for SSL and IDS and didnt
really get anything.

Even SSL servers write log files ;)  Set up a log file watcher that
looks for the same patterns as your NIDS.

-HD

http://www.digitaloffense.net