Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Wu-ftp 2.5.0(1) vulnerable ?

From: honoriak <EGC () ARGEN NET>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 02:53:29 +0100

* wuftpd250-sploit.c - wuftpd 2.5.0 hands us (remote) r00t in the
ensuing
 *   chaos that follows a heap overflow. Linux version.

 *   (Yet another) WU-FTPd 2.5.0 exploit
 * Searches for writable path and overflows
 *M
 * (c) 1999 Mixter <mixter () newyorkoffice com>

Target platforms: RedHat5 / RedHat6 / Debian Linux

yes. it's exists :/

                -honoriak

cyber_hunter wrote:

Please , I really need a help about this ;
My server is running Wu-ftp 2.5.0(1) , I heared that it is vulnerable
, but
I have searched in all internet and I have found that just others
versions
of this is vulnerable .
Does anyone could help me ? Is this vulnerable ? Where can I find
anithing
about this ?