Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: passwd seg fault

From: bacano <bacano () ESOTERICA PT>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 10:21:04 -0000

Did i said it was a kernel problem, or that it was a problem regarding
maximum password length?
The problem is with minimum password length, and it happends at least on
suse 6.4 with kernel 2.2.14.
I dont know about other distributions, other kernels, or the same kernel on
other distribution, just on suse 6.4
I did not test this on suse 7.0, since I dont want to mess up things on the
only suse box i'm running for now (its for web dev, and its not connected,
so I just want that some apps work, and I really dont care if it is secured
or not, its a laptop and i got a gun, in the case somebody feel lucky
eheheh)

What I did ask about kernel, was because I get a little confused here, since
suse 7.1 will be out only on 12Fev and cames with kernel 2.2.18 and 2.4, not
with 2.2.16.

[  ]'s bacano