Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Potential overflow in Internet Explorer

From: "Costa, Andrew" <Andrew.Costa () CITIZENSBANK COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:15:55 -0500

I am running 2K Prof. running IE 5.50.4134.0600, and this is what I found:

I went into Textpad, and pasted 24949 "A"s and appended that to
www.yahoo.com[

I got page cannot be found. I then took all the "A"s in the address bar, and
cut them out. I pasted them into Textpad, and it pasted in 2012 characters.
Apparently IE is doing something to reduce the chars.

Andrew
*****This information may be confidential and/or privileged. Use of this
information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If
you received this in error, please inform the sender and remove any record
of this message.*****