Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

icmp_echo_ignore_broadcast

From: - s l e i g h t e r - <sleighter () southbreak com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:26:05 +0700

I think it would be better if you ignore everything :)

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_all

and I think the standard configuration from /etc/sysctl.conf is secure
enough.
# Disables packet forwarding
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 0
# Enables source route verification
net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter = 1
# Disables automatic defragmentation (needed for masquerading, LVS)
net.ipv4.ip_always_defrag = 1
# Disables the magic-sysrq key
kernel.sysrq = 0

you can get sample for "blockping.tar.gz" just extract and move them
to /usr/bin/
http://godwrath.hypermart.net/pub/misc/blockping.tar.gz

I found this "simple" script working well in LINUX, notify me if you
find this script working at BSD or something else.

regards,

sleighter.

B R A I N W A R E                                sleighter () southbreak com
http://www.brainware.sh                             - s l e i g h t e r -
Wednesday, January 24, 2001

This is a forwarded message