Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: ASCII Char 255 crashes a network

From: "Brooke, O'neil (EXP)" <o'neil.brooke () LMCO COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 18:44:05 -0500

        Your probably right in identifing the novell client as the issue. I
know that I had a hard time with some Novell servers awhile ago. A file had
been created on one of the volumes. Whenever this file was accessed the
server would abend. The only way we could fix this was by making a backup of
the volume and then deleting and rebuilding the volume. (In case you were
wondering, yes making a backup of this volume was very difficult. Individual
sub-directories had to be copied manually untill we identified the file that
was causing the  abend).

        Are you using the a network client from novell or the windows
clients?