Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: List Site Pro, an intresting number of site "hacks"

From: Michel Arboi <arboi () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:14:18 +0200 (CEST)

 --- Siberian <siberian () sentry-labs com> a écrit :
the file modified was lspro_list_header.txt I think, which
permissions were set to 666. Are they using a simple put to
modify? Is put supported by any webserver by default?

Yes it is, by IIS (is this really a surprise? :)
If your permissions are wrong, it will accept "anonymous" PUT, without
a password.
As far as I know, there is no simple way to disable the PUT or DELETE
method in IIS. In Apache, they are disabled by default and you have to
uncomment a couple of lines scattered in the configuration file if you
really want to shoot you in the foot.

Here is the vendor URL:
http://www.listsitepro.com/

What am I supposed to find here?