Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

WinDD security issue

From: "P.OS" <P.OS () ELIVEFREE NET>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:34:17 +0800

Hi,
  I havnt seen anything in the archives about this ..mayb someone has ? ..I've noticed a security bug while using winDD
3.5 [Windows Distributed Desktop] from my unix account. If the WinDD server is rebooted while documents are currently
being worked on in word/excel, the first person to use the word/excel program after the machine reboots may be able to
edit the files that were being worked on at the time of the reboot.
  I know this is an old piece of software, so possibly ppl have notice this bfore? ..thanks in advance

P.