Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: 239.255.255.250

From: Joe <joe () BLARG NET>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 14:20:16 -0700

On Mon, 7 May 2001, Jose Nazario wrote:

available via the gateway). Even if you're ISPs routers let it
through, there are no routes on the backbones that can take it
anywhere, so the "public internet" is never going to see those
packets.

that's odd, given i've watched mutlicast stuff from well afar of my local
network, or my ISP's network.

multicast is indeed routable. its not a reserved block (like 10/8,
192.168/16, or 172.16/12, RFC1918 address). please see the references
listed below for more information.

Open mouth, insert foot, echo internationally. I need more coffee before
reading mail. Ugh.

--
Joe                                     Technical Support
General Support:  support () blarg net     Blarg! Online Services, Inc.