Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

MSN Virus?

From: Niels Vaes <nielzthabeast () HOTMAIL COM>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 18:17:52 -0000

I don't know if this has been made world-wide by Norton or MacAffee, if so,
sorry for sending this.

2 persons in my contact list wanted to send me a file with the name
"HELLO(1)(1)(1)", when I typed anything the message was immediatly replied
by my contact. When he was typing something, I didn't see his name but my
own email address: "nielzthabeast () hotmail com is typing a message". When
someone accepts te message, that person is being disconnected within the
minute.

Can anybody comment on this, or can anybody tell me how to fix this problem?

regards,

Niels Vaes