Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Bug in bash ?

From: Vasisht Tadigotla <vasisht () eden rutgers edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:21:25 -0500 (EST)

just logs you out on bash 2.05.1(1), no core dump. but didn't log me out
on bash 1.14.7(1), dumped core and says it was generated by bash -version
when i run bash -version before, but if i don't run bash -version it logs
me out.
bash 1.14.6(1) logs me out but if i run bash -version and then execute it
it dumps core and gdb says it's generated by bash...

bash 2.05.01(1) and bash 1.14.7(1) were on linux on x86
and bash 1.14.6(1) was on an IRIX MIPS R10K

can't figure it out.

doens't work on the other shells...

ksh, sh, ash : file name too long
tcsh, csh : Word too long