Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: PGP sign highlight on mutt

From: Zen <zen () kill-9 it>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:57:56 +0100

On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 07:32:44PM -0200, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
Em Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 05:54:46PM -0200, Rodrigo Barbosa escreveu:
I don't know about you (or your mutt config), but mine shows a little "s"
on the status line on the bottom of the message, which I always check to
see if the message is really signed. Also, I get an 's' on the index.

That might not be enough for many users. Compare a little "s" with 4 or 5
lines of text saying that the email is signed. It's like a big OK stamp.
That's exactly what I meant: the kind of user you're targetting
is definitely more prone to pay attention to the text in the
mail message than the "s" in the index view.
Which many of us use to understand the message status (clean/signed/...).

bye,
--
'Why do you close your eyes?' 'So that the room will be empty.'
zen () kill-9 it . Geek . And proud of it .