Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Challenge

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:33:39 -0700

The point of my allowing through a post like this is to let interested parties know about the contest, not generate a discussion. I've let through a few of the obligatory snake oil posts. It's good to see that so many readers keep up on their Schneier.

I can't argue with the idea the product is snake oil, or that the contests are a bad idea, or that they don't prove anything. (Well, not quite true... if it is broken, then it is proved that it is broken. Otherwise, it not being broken doesn't prove anything.)

I intend to allow announcement of other similar contests here in the future. I consider it to be on-topic. It's up to you whether you want to participate or not.

                                                BB

nocon wrote:
Anyone seen this ? Looks interesting.
  http://www.meganet.com/challenges/ferrari/ferrari.htm