Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Windows fuzz - Following on.

From: "Brett Moore" <brett () softwarecreations co nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:14:56 +1200

To add some input to these interesting thoughts...

possible sendmessage exploitations for privilege enhancement

* Causing local buffer overflows

- A text box has a set size of 10, and the program which would probably have
to be to be using non-standard methods ( encryption progs etc ), grabs the
bytes calculated by the length of the textbox string, and stores in a fixed
10 byte buffer as it expects a max of 10.
- We set the size to be larger than 10, and hey presto?

brett