Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Dave Barry on network security policies

From: Richard Masoner <richardmasoner () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 13:06:13 -0700 (PDT)

[Dave Barry is a popular humor columnist in the United
States.  He does a fairly good job of grokking
computer and Internet issues.]

"Spam beats cafeteria food" 7/14/2002

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/living/columnists/dave_barry/3651015.htm

Excerpt:

"The newspaper I work for, The Miami Herald, is owned
by a large corporation that has a strict
computer-password policy administered by people who
were kicked out of the Nazi party for being too anal
retentive. This policy requires us employees to
constantly change our passwords, to prevent you
outsiders from breaking into our computer system and
reading our internal communications."

RFM