Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: is any one sniffing comports on win2k or XP?

From: Brian Brotschi <brian.brotschi () sygate com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:41:26 -0700

I would recommend a async protocol analyzer to see the full picture.  You
should be able to pickup some of these at a surplus store relatively cheap.
See this link and search for the Navtel Datatest 2
http://www.torontosurplus.com/test/telecom.htm
there are also a few other vendor solutions which require proprietary
hardware (i.e. 16 nit ISA/EISA cards) which provide the interface hardware
for a in-series connection to the data path being analyzed.
brianb