Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Apache vulnerability checking

From: Syzop <syz () dds nl>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 00:38:51 +0200

Hi,

Toni Heinonen wrote:

Full server version:
"Server: Apache/1.3.24 (Unix)  (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.8
OpenSSL/0.9.6b mod_perl/1.26"

[..]

Indeed, Red Hat 7.2 carries Apache 1.3.22 and 7.3 has 1.3.23, and

note that this server is running 1.3.24... I'm not sure how they do that
since they also have Red-Hat/Linux in their server header...

For instance, eEye's tool reports my patched RH7.2 server as
"vulnerable", because it only checks the server string, it doesn't try
to exploit the vulnerability.

Could you try my 'checkap' against your redhat server?

I didn't know eEye's tool only checked the version, pretty strange since
it's easy to make something like I did. Ofcourse in case someone is using
apache 2.x + multiple connections per child or something = some other
clients will be killed too... maybe they didn't want to take that risk.

Thanks for the information,

    Bram Matthys.