Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: OpenSSh 3.4p1 PrivilegeSerparation experiment

From: strange () nsk yi org
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 23:12:16 +0100

On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 02:54:13PM -0700, Aaron.Hayden () Colorado EDU wrote:

  point: why would you expect current sessions to reread config?

Well, I wouldn't.  But I would expect terminations of sessions spawned
under the original's configuration (all connections in my example).  In
other words, I'd not expect all ssh daemons to die, but sessions run by
the sshd process I kill should halt.

I wouldn't like that. Especially if I mistyped some configuration and
blocked myself out of the server, with no way to log in.

Or if I was upgrading but forgot installing something and just killed the
sshd daemons (that listens and spawns the shells), and then lost my only
connection.

Regards,
Luciano Rocha