Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: idq.dll problem??

From: RWXLabs <rwxlabs () rwxsecurity com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:46:44 -0300

Hi,

All the test was carried through in system with all patches applied, however, it is enough to request the URL:

www.server.com/null.ida?=

So that the server presents the error, being that only caracter = (equal) this happens!

Any ideas?

Marcos Ferreira
marcos () rwxsecurity com
RWXSecurity - Segurança na Internet
http://www.rwxsecurity.com

Brett Moore wrote:

Made me think of the .ida bof testing that went on during the code red
season.

On A patched system.
Results
Sending 1-199 bytes yields the error:
The IDQ file NULL.ida could not be found.
Nothing written to the event log.

Sending 200-??? bytes we get:
File .
Error 0x80040e14 caught while processing query
Nothing written to the event log.

Were you testing patch/unpatched?

Brett