Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

More detailed Mac list splitting on wireless access-points

From: "Moser Max" <MMoser () 3gmobile ch>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 09:30:21 +0200

Hi everyone,

I would like to build a better MAC-Address list that I currently use in
the Wellenreiter application.
The goal is to find the different ranges in the big pool :-)
For example finding which range of the Lucent/Agere cards are used in
Apple airports and which in
Elsa devices etc. I bet there are some ranges.

I ask this list to contribute the first 8 digits of the Mac-addresses of
the access-points they have.
And which products they are. So we will be able to find a match maybe.
This makes wireless penetration
more exact. I will collect this information sort it a bit and give it
back to you all.

Greetings

Max Moser
Home of the Wellenreiter