Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: UserID and hashed password for Lotus Domino

From: <jeff () sdii com>
Date: 22 Oct 2002 14:07:01 -0000

A friend and myself gave a talk at InfoWarcon  a few weeks ago talking
about Lotus Domino encryption algorithm as well as some other proprietary
encryption schemes.

We were also the ones who gave the talk with some of our European friends
at Blackhat about Open Sesame. We can't release Open Sesame but we have a
Notes http hash password cracker that is actually a patch to John-the-
Ripper. Thus it does not require the use of the Notes API and it can brute
force. If anyone is interested in this please drop me email at:

jeff () sdii com