Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Windows XP authentification

From: Shockro () aol com
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:44:20 -0400

I had a similar problem.  Scenario is as follows.

I modified my group policies to include an intruder lockout (3 tries,
half hour lockout).  I rebooted, it worked fine.  I used my computer for
a couple days, it worked fine.

I converted to NTFS.  Upon the next reboot, my own account and my
administrator account were both locked out.  I hadn't even tried to log
in, much less with the wrong password.  I waited my half hour period and
both accounts worked fine.

I'm thinking that certain events trip *all* the alarms.  Has anyone else
noticed this?

Ampster the hack