Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: [gpl] Admin password

From: "Dom De Vitto" <dom () DeVitto com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 21:14:47 -0000

It's just that the max password length is 8 I guess, as per older
Unixes.

Anything after the first 8 characters is ignored, so you'll notice
for a password "password":
"password", "password1", "password2", "password9999999" all work.

But for a password of "secret", only "secret" will ever work.

It's to do with crypt taking 64bits (8x8bit characters).

Dom
Dom De Vitto                                       Tel. 07855 805 271
http://www.devitto.com                         mailto:dom () devitto com