Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Windows Shellcode - Using Detached_Process flag

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 16:58:48 -0500

On Sun, 09 Mar 2003 13:08:40 GMT, helmut schmidt <helmutsch69 () hotmail com>  said:

Some commands like DIR work ok, but most others create a windows on the
vulnerable machine instead of displaying back to my remote shell. For
instance if I ping another machine, a visible window opens on the vulnerable
machine - I see the ping results in this window then the window closes. So
this is only half working.

Does anyone know why this odd behaviour is happening ? How can I program
this to be 100% successful ? A bit of c code would be helpful if anyone
would be kind enough to share it.

Windows doesn't have a very good grasp on the idea that programs should have
line-mode variants, so many things come in GUI-only variants.

How to pipe the output of these back to your machine *without* the use of
VNC or the Unix world's X Windows or similar is a Very Hard Problem.
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer