Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Help developing exploit

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 18:40:39 -0400

On Sat, 26 May 2007 17:32:12 -0000, KaCo678 () aol com said:
Hi i was wondering if you would able to help.

Try hitting return once in a while.  It makes replying a lot easier.

But im able to find the address where my nop sled is and every thing ive tried
hasnt worked.

but then you say:

I was wondering could i just not point my eip to my nop sled..So my shell code
gets executed..Im working with windows xp sp2/..Just cant seam to get to the
adress of my nop code/

I'm confused - you're able to find the address but unable to call it, or you're
not able to find the address at all?

Moral: Always proofread before you hit "send", and make the extra effort to
use the best English grammar, spelling, and punctuation you can. Being sloppy
in your writing can backfire and lead to confusion.  I know you can do better,
as you *do* use the capital 'I' in several places (and I've never seen non-native
speakers use "im" and "ive" rather than "I'm" and "I've"...)

This would be a *lot* easier to debug if you gave a clear and consistent
explanation of what you've tried already, and what happened.