WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Metis 2.0 released

From: "Sacha Faust" <sacha () severus org>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 23:32:32 -0500

Here is the 2.0 release of Metis. This release finally support spidering
Flash content and allow users to manage site data as they wish (see user
documentation for webglobal options).

Metis 2.0 is now available from : http://www.severus.org/sacha/metis

Information
-----------
This is a tool I wrote to collect information from web servers.
This was written for the Open Source Security Testing Methodology (OSSTM)
located on http://www.ideahamster.org/osstmm-description.htm.

If you get OutOfMemory errors, it means that the site you are scanning is
quite big and you need to
grow the heap size by using the -Xms<size> option. By default, the metis.bat
will set it to 150.

This product includes modified software developed by Dmitry Skavish
(skavish () usa net, http://www.flashgap.com/).

Please read the user documentation in the doc directory.

Changes
--------
[ Changes in version 2.0   - 10-23-2002 ]
- added support for Flash content
- added new javascript handlers
- added support for File I/O site info instead of memory (see webglobal
option : use_file_io_for_spider_data)
- added handling of new HTML tags
- minor bug fix
- added support for dynamic site element handling (see webglobal option :
site_element_handler)

Upcomming features
-------------------------
- Distributed engin
- Spider code licensing change to BSD for supporting other projects I'm
working on and to
  answer to some commercial requests I had.
- Better support for Javascript

If you wish to contribute to this project, e-mail me at sacha () severus org.

Requirements for compiling

- HttpClient : http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/
        You need to replace the org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.GetMethod
class
        with the one supplided with the source of this program.
- Sun JDK 1.4.0 or higher: http://java.sun.com

Sacha Faust
sacha () severus org